Posted on 18th July 2020 by Fiona
We are delighted that we can finally re-open our studio and re-start our wonderful, Pilates classes, albeit in a slightly different way (but hey, think we’re all used to constant change by now!).
The good news is, you’ll be meeting the same great instructors in the same place, so not all change!
We’ve carefully scrutinised and analysed all of the official and expert guidance and advice and have put in place some key changes to ensure you can safely re-start classes. Here’s a bit more information about the new class set up.
The good news is, there is a maximum of only 4 people per class, so you’ll receive lot’s of support and guidance!
In order to comply with the latest guidance, we have to limit the number of people in the studio. We also have to allow extra time between classes, for cleaning, ventilation and to manage the flow of people. We have therefore launched a new class timetable. The timetable will be revised regularly and new classes added as soon as we reach capacity. Should any classes not be popular, we reserve the right to review the timings and change the timetable based on demand.
All classes will now be 45 minutes to help ensure we can run them all smoothly and offer enough sessions. Classes will start and finish on time and we ask that you don’t hang about after the class (sorry, we know you all enjoy this but we have to limit numbers in the building).
For now, we won’t be offering our usual ‘make up’ system if you can’t attend your regular class. We need to help limit contact between individuals, so you will need to sign up to a regular, weekly class and won’t be able to swap classes.
Membership & Payment
We have had to review our prices and given that we’ve had to reduce our class capacity by almost two thirds, we’ve had to increase the monthly Pilates membership slightly. It equates to just over £1 a class increase. The new prices for Pilates are:
- 1 mat class a week monthly membership £60 / month
- 2 mat classes a week monthly membership £115 / month
- 1 Reformer class a week monthly membership £100 / month
- Reformer / Mat combo (1 of each class a week) £150 / month
We are currently unable to offer PAYG Pilates as we have to carefully manage numbers and ‘bubbles’, so can’t have lot’s of different people coming to different classes every week.
What to bring to the studio?
We ask that you bring as little as possible to the studio. You’ll need to wear socks (ideally with grips) and bring a face covering with you.
During the Classes
Our Instructors will still be on hand to guide and help you with the exercises. They will be taking a ‘hands off’ approach, so will be prompting you verbally to help you get the most from the exercises.
If weather (and noise) permits, we will be keeping the windows open during the classes. So, depending on the weather you may want to add (or remove) a layer of clothing or bring an extra layer!
We ask that you stay within your own area during the class and don’t move around the studio.
Before anyone comes to the clinic, you’ll be asked to complete an online Coronavirus screening questionnaire.
When you arrive at the clinic, we will take your temperature with a distanced forehead thermometer. Anyone with a high temperature will not be able to join in the class.
We ask that if you or anyone in your household has symptoms of Coronavirus, that you follow the latest isolation guidance.
At the end of every class, we will ask you to wipe down your own area with the products supplied. The studio will be thoroughly cleaned on a regular basis.
If you are coming to Reformer Pilates, you will be asked to wear gloves whilst on the machines. We can supply disposable gloves or you can purchase full finger ‘grip’ gloves to bring with you. These are great or you can find something similar in sports shops.
What to expect: Step by Step
- Do not arrive any earlier than 10 minutes before your class is scheduled to start.
- When you arrive, you will be let into the clinic by our reception team, who will take your temperature. Please wear a face covering and use the hand gel.
- Please make your way straight up to the studio.
- Each participant will have a dedicated area in the studio. Please ensure you stay within this area. There will be a box for you to put in anything you bring with you.
- Ensure you are wearing socks, ideally Pilates socks with grips / non-slip.
- During the class, your Instructor will be able to walk round and prompt and help you with the exercises verbally, but they won’t be able to be ‘hands on’.
- At the end of the class, we ask that you wipe down the mat, blocks and any other equipment you’ve used with the cleaning products supplied.
- Use the hand gel on leaving the studio.
- Make your way out of the clinic promptly, using the exit at the bottom of the stairs.
We know how much you all value the ‘social’ aspect of the classes and catching up with people and chatting every week. However, we have to strictly limit the number of people and time spent in the clinic, so we’d really appreciate your support with this by leaving classes promptly.
Take a look here, where we answer some of your most frequently asked questions.
This is just a starting point for us. We very much hope that in time we can relax how we operate, expand the timetable and be more flexible by re-introducing PAYG Pilates and make up classes. We hope you can understand that we are operating under very stringent guidance which is in the best interest of our team and the community, so any decisions are based on this. We’ve been providing Pilates classes to the local people of Chandlers Ford since 2011 and want to ensure we can continue to offer these highly valued classes for a long time to come!
We appreciate your compliance with the new ways, your understanding and continued support.
The goPhysio Pilates Team