Posted on 19th March 2020 by Fiona
Hello. Firstly we’d like to apologise for the relative silence as we have considered, analysed and prepared how to tackle this situation.
Our ultimate aim is to look after the best interests of everyone, be it our team, our patients, our local community, our families and goPhysio as an ongoing concern.
We are operating in unprecedented circumstances, and like everyone, facing challenging decisions on an almost continue basis. We aim to make sure we keep you up to date with any changes that we implement as soon as possible.
To date, our team have been operating ‘business as usual’ with extra advisory precautionary measures in place. We have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to plan for the immediate, medium and longer term future.
We have taken the very difficult, but necessary, decision to make some changes in how we operate for the short term. As of today, we will be starting to condense the opening hours of the clinic and contacting any patients with bookings that we may need to move or change.
From Monday 23rd March, our temporary revised opening hours will be:
- Monday 2pm – 8pm
- Tuesday 9am – 3pm
- Wednesday – closed
- Thursday 2pm – 8pm
- Friday 9am – 3pm
- Saturday – closed
We will be continually monitoring these hours and adjusting them depending on demand. This may obviously change should official advice be updated.
Additional measures and changes we are implementing include:
- We politely and strongly request that latest official guidelines regarding isolation and social distancing are followed to help protect our whole community.
- We are stopping all group rehab sessions and changing to only 1-2-1 rehab in the Strong Room.
- Our over 60’s Positive Steps classes have been cancelled for the foreseeable future.
- We ask no over 70’s or those at risk to attend the clinic.
- We ask that anyone with a cough, temperature or any other illness does not attend the clinic to help protect our whole community.
- We ask that you wash your hands on entering the clinic and use the alcohol gel provided.
Despite the disruption and uncertainty, people are still going to be in pain, get injuries and need our help, advice and support. We still want to be able to use our skills and are in the process of launching virtual online appointments. You can read more here about this service.
These will be carried out from the comfort of your own home, through a secure Telehealth provider.
You can book your Virtual appointment online here by selecting Virtual Assessment Appointment.
In line with the adjusted hours, we have launched a temporary revised Pilates class timetable, which will be in place from Monday 23rd March.
We will be sending out a Pilates email to all our members shortly, with full details of the new classes.
We will also be putting in place the following:
- Reduced number of participants in each class to a maximum of 8.
- Option to suspend your Pilates membership, with a planned special re-introductory offer for when we’re back up and running as normal for those that suspend their membership, with a guaranteed space in your regular class.
- Online classes coming soon!
- Join our Private Pilates Community over on Facebook, where we’re planning to host Pilates classes, share exercises and keep you moving throughout this.
What to expect from us…….
As we all navigate this new chapter, we would like to promise you all that:
- We are continuously trying to do the right thing based on what we know at any given time.
- We want to be here for you all for the long term. We haven’t spent almost 20 years, often sacrificing our family, building up a wonderful business, serving and helping 100’s of local people every week, for nothing, so we really are digging deep to keep going.
- We will follow the latest official advice every step of the way.
If you’re on Facebook, why not join our new goPhysio Facebook Community Group, where we’ll be on hand to offer advice, support, somewhere to connect and regular challenges to help keep you moving and motivated.
Thank you for your patience, understanding, ongoing support and we hope you stay well.
Paul, Fiona & The goPhysio Team