Posted on 28th June 2019 by Fiona
Our Sports & Soft Tissue Therapist, Will, is currently in the final year of his MSc in Sport Rehabilitation at St. Mary’s University. As part of his final year dissertation he is researching Achilles Tendinopathy in runners.
During the week commencing 15th July, he is looking for runners to participate in his research study investigating the strength of the calf muscle in those with and without previous history of Achilles Tendinopathy.
Testing will take place at the goPhysio clinic in Chandlers Ford.
If you wish to participate, please carefully check the criteria below to ensure you satisfy the requirements and click on this link to complete an online registration form. This will only take a couple of minutes and Will will be in contact in due course to confirm the details.
Consent forms will be provided on arrival for testing and will need to be filled prior to testing. I anticipate testing will take around 20-30mins of your time which includes an explanation of what will happen, a short warm up and a calf-raise test.
DATES AND TIMES (Will willl be available anytime between times below):
- Monday 15th July: 8am – 11am
- Tuesday 16th July: 8am – 1pm and 2pm – 6pm
- Wednesday 17th July: 12pm-2pm
- Thursday 18th July: 8am – 11.30am and 2pm – 5pm
- 18-70yrs old
- Currently running at least twice a week
- No current injury or lower limb pain
- Not currently performing any strength training that involves calf training
- Either – never suffered with Achilles Tendinopathy or suffered from/diagnosed with Achilles Tendinopathy within the past 5 years. **Achilles Tendinopathy is pain or swelling located 2-7cm above the calcaneus** – see photo highlighted by the red area.
Click here to register your interest.