Posted on 1st February 2020 by Fiona
Each month we’re bringing you a different Pilates exercise to practice and focus on, as recommended by one of our Pilates Instructors. This month, Hugo recommends the Double Leg Stretch.
This is my favourite Pilates exercise. It is the most complete one. Not only do you need to focus on keeping your core muscles engaged but also on coordinating arms with legs. Coordination and stability, all in one exercise, can’t beat that!
- Lie on your back with your knees bent up in the Pilates Rest Position.
- Have your legs a hip width apart, shoulders drawn down and in and your neck long. Centre engaged.
- Float your legs one at a time into the table top position and lift both arms to the ceiling.
- Breath in to prepare.
- Breath out and lower both arms overhead. Simultaneously, reach your left leg forwards and upwards on a diagonal.
- Breath in and circle your arms outwards and then downwards. Simultaneously, fold the left leg back into tabletop.
- Repeat alternating legs.
Enjoy this month’s exercise! Hugo, Physiotherapist & Pilates Instructor