Posted on 12th June 2020 by Fiona
In light of the Coronavirus pandemic, the surge in online classes, sessions and exercising has been unbelievable!
At goPhysio, we now offer a range of online services, including:
To help you get the most from your online class experience, we’ve put together some top tips!
- Always make sure you exercise in a safe area, with enough space around you and free from any hazards.
- Try and set the time aside, so you can focus on your class or session without distraction (everyone deserves some self care time!).
- We often send updates or links, tips and advice via email. So please keep an eye on your emails (including junk) and add us to your ‘safe sender’ list.
- Some sessions will take place over Zoom, so please download Zoom for free here if you don’t already have it.
- When using Zoom, you have the choice of 3 video layouts: Active Speaker View, Gallery View, and floating thumbnail window. Read more about the options here.
- You will need a device with a camera and audio (laptop, computer, tablet or phone all work just as well!).
- For live online classes, please feel free to have your video and microphone enabled – this way we can see you, interact with you, offer advice and connect with you all in the class.
- The session will work better if you have stable broadband connection.
- Position your device so that the camera can capture you exercising sideways on if possible.
- Always make sure you exercise in a safe area, with enough space around you and free from any hazrads.
- We advise using a Pilates or yoga mat and bare feet or ‘grippy’ socks.
- Have a Pilates block, small cushion or towel handy.
- View in full screen, so it fills your device screen.
- Before you take part in any of our Pilates classes, make sure you are familiar and confident with the 5 Key Elements of Pilates.
- Make sure you only take part in classes that are the right level for you. Take a look here for guidance on what level class you should do and when you should progress.
- If you have any questions or concerns about any of the exercises, plese contact us or seek advice from a suitably qualified professional.
Enjoy your class!