Posted on 10th July 2018 by Fiona
Summer Pilates at goPhysio Chandlers Ford – This summer, we’re trying out a few ‘special’ classes at goPhysio in Chandlers Ford. One of which is the Magic Circle Class.
What’s magic about this circle you may ask? The Magic Circle is a popular piece of Pilates equipment, created by Pilates founder, Joseph Pilates. It’s a ring made of flexible metal and rubber with 2 pads on the outside. The great thing about using the magic circle in Pilates is:
- It provides additional resistance to your muscles during your class, challenging you in a slightly different way and working to increase muscle strength and tone.
- It can be used for leg or arm exercises and adds another dimension to the mat Pilates exercises.
- It provides some feedback about what muscles you are working during the class, it can really help further connect you to your centre whilst you’re exercising.
It is rumoured that Joseph Pilates was inspired to create the ‘Magic Circle’ by the metal ring of a beer keg!
Magic circle classes are being held on:
- Wednesday 15th August 7pm with Francesca
- Thursday 23rd August 9.30am with Roz
- Tuesday 28th August 6pm with Hugo
If you’d like to book onto the Magic Circle classes or any of our other Summer Pilates classes at goPhysio, you can find out more here.