Posted on 26th March 2018 by Fiona
We are delighted to be teaming up with Mike Chambers, from Next Step Running, to offer you a fully supported run coaching programme, to get you beyond 5k!
With a new Eastleigh 10k date, this is the perfect chance to refocus and get the expert support and guidance to run 10k!
Achieve your goals! Learn lifelong running skills!
What does the programme include?
This unique programme is the perfect combination of a practical running programme with an experienced, qualified coach alongside an informative schedule of educational and practical sessions, structured to support your long term running journey.
The programme will run on a Wednesday evening from 6.30 – 8pm.
Week 1, 11the April – Introduction to the running programme & getting to know you. This will include what to expect from the programme, outline of the training plan and a gauge of where you all are, so that the programme can be tailored accordingly. We will cover some key important issues in running, so that you can get the most from the programme and maintain lifelong love of running!
Weeks 2 – 9, 25th April – 13th June – These weekly sessions will include a 1 hour supervised run, including not only running but drills, technique, strength and conditioning work and more. There will also be a 30minute practical or educational workshop, covering a different topic each week. These sessions will include the following:
- Warm up and cool down – dynamic stretching vs static stretching – why & how.
- 10k Training – key components – interval training, threshold & tempo runs, hills, the long run and running easy.
- Tapering and last week preparation.
- Strength training for runners.
- Foam rolling for runners.
- Race day – hydration & fuelling, pacing for 10k, post race recovery
- Pilates for runners.
- Managing load & capacity, making sure you avoid injury.
By adding this unique, educational element, to your running programme, you will benefit from being able to ‘run better’ – avoiding injuries, achieving your goals and loving your running!
Why would I benefit from a supported running coach programme?
With access to so many online training plans, running apps, free running groups and with running training programmes in every magazine, Running Coaching can be seen as a luxury only needed for elite level athletes. Surely everyone can run anyway? It’s just a matter of how fast and how far! You just need a pair of trainers!
But think again! Recreational runners arguably benefit more from a structured running programme with a qualified, experienced Running Coach than those club level racing snakes!
Too many runners do the same run several times a week, run too hard too often, plateau and / or pick up an injury. These issues can really hamper enjoyment of running and progress and often cause people to give up on running. With the right education, guidance and support, we can help you avoid this.
Having a structured programme with a Coach will motivate you, challenge you when they think you can give more, but more often than not recognise when you need to back off and take it easy! A Coach will structure your week so you include all the key components to make you a fitter, stronger and faster runner.
How much is the programme?
The 9 week programme costs £79. This will include:
- Week 1 introductory session
- Bespoke 8 week training programme based on 3 sessions per week
- 8 x 1.5 hour weekly sessions with the Running Coach & goPhysio
- 2 x homework sessions to do with the rest of your group or on your own in between
- Support on creating more variety in your running, including hill sessions,interval training and strength & conditioning work, with lots of support and tips to help you build strength and speed throughout the sessions
- Email support throughout the programme
- 10% off at goPhysio for Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or Sports Massage, should you need it
Who is this for?
This programme is suitable for those who are able to run at least 5k. Maybe you’re a Parkrun regular but aren’t sure how to get to the next level. You may have signed up to the Eastleigh 10k but heaved a sigh of relief when it got postponed as you weren’t ready. Maybe you’ve run comfortably on your own but now want some extra support in a group environment. Or it might be you’ve recently returned to running from an injury and want to make sure you are armed with the right skills and knowledge so you don’t get injured again?
Places are limited, please book your place here or to find out more or if you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org